New Product: VLR Resistance Barrier
VLR Series Page
Times Change. Customers Want More. We Deliver.
The public wants safer transportation designs and better traffic
management. This pushes you to look for better ways to meet these
What would you do if you had ...
- Enough capacity to stop even heavy vehicles at higher speeds?
- G-Forces so low that airbags don't deploy?
- Adjustment capability that allows you to tailor the stopping distance on the spot to suit YOUR installation?
- The ability to have the barrier fully reset and operational in 20 minutes after a crash?
Enter the VLR Series "Soft Stop" Vertical Lift Resistance Barrier......
You now have the option to...
- Absorb over 1,000,000 ft-lb of energy (equivalent to an 8,300 lb vehicle travelling at 60 mph!!).
- Mechanical disc brake for consistent, adaptable energy absorption
- Nylon webbing to safely transfer forces, for many years, from barrier to brake - while allowing re-use
- Balance the payout distance against deceleration G forces (air bags don't deploy below 8-12 G deceleration).
- Greater G forces mean shorter stopping distances
- Shorter stopping distance mean less payout distance
- Tailor the stopping distance to suit YOUR installation - a 3:1
ratio from minimum to maximum setting.
- Minimum setting equates to a 1,800 lb car at 44 mph
- Maximum setting equates to a 8,800 lb car at 62 mph
- Know you're stocking the correct replacement parts, allowing you
to have the barrier fully reset and operational in 20 minutes after a crash?
- The only item damaged will be the barrier fence
- The towers and brake carriers will be undamaged
to download the VLR New Product presentation (ZIP
format - 8.6 MB or
2003 format, including test videos - 9.3 MB)
Don't see exactly what you need?
Contact us for more options and models not shown on our website and for surprisingly cost-effective customizations.